Friday, October 21, 2022

Sensu Citywalk (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

I was supposed to have another meal at Five Guys this afternoon but I was suddenly drawn to the light wood panels and contemporary décor in front of Sensu, an all-day dining restaurant serving Japanese-western comfort food next door. I ended up going in for a closer look.


Sensu is a member of The Food Story restaurant empire that also owns brands like Camellia, Art of Canton, and Ricky's Kitchen just to name a few. 


Starting things off for me was a small bowl of lobster bisque. Not bad (but no lobster meat unfortunately).


My main dish was seafood linguine with cuttlefish, prawns and mussels. This was supposed to be a spicy dish but since I have been trying to avoid having hot and spicy food during the pandemic, I decided to ask if the kitchen could do me a favor by skipping the extra kick. They actually did.

But I am guessing that's the reason why the pasta tasted a little funny. The garlicky sauce was obviously missing the spicy kick making this whole dish a little weird. 


I was in the mood for some truffled fries today. There wasn't anything special about the fries but I thought the black truffle aioli was pretty tasty.



I am betting my money on the fact that I would go to Five Guys for my burger and shake rather than returning to Sensu next time I'm visiting Citywalk.





Food Rating: 4.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop 78, UG/F, City Walk 1, 1 Yeung Uk Road, Tsuen Wan, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Tsuen Wan West
Tel: +852 2885-0968
Opening Hours: 12:00pm - 10:00pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think