Friday, October 7, 2022

Mon Kee Cafe 旺記冰室 Quarry Bay (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

I have a meeting with my vendor in her Quarry Bay office this afternoon. It's been a few years since I last visited the commercial centre here and trust me, I almost got lost in the labyrinth (it's almost like a maze) a couple of times. But we finally made it to her office and guess what, we finished our meeting a little ahead of schedule. Time for afternoon tea?

My team and I had no idea what our options were in Quarry Bay so I quickly fired up my Openrice app and to my pleasant surprise, there were quite a few cha chaan tengs within a block or two from where we were.....that included Mon Kee Cafe (旺記冰室), a name I was familiar with from my usual stroll in Tsim Sha Tsui.



This branch is obviously much less crowded comparing to its Ashley Road outpost.



An iced pantyhose milk tea to start things off as usual. This was really disappointing. It came with almost zero condensed milk. Did they forget something!?


Mon Kee is always best known for dishes with an unusual combination of ingredients. The infamous kaya toast with lettuce, egg and luncheon meat immediately comes to mind but this isn't too far behind. Toasted brioche buns with peanut butter and condensed milk.


Decadent! 






Food Rating: 4.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop A, G/F, Wai Fong Court, 955-957 King's Road, Quarry Bay, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Quarry Bay
Tel: +852 2511-2533
Opening Hours: 7:00am - 10:00pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think