Thursday, October 20, 2022

Bakehouse Wanchai (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

I'm back to my favorite bakery shop in town to get some late-night snacks for little nugget and this time, I am bringing two colleagues with me! At almost 6pm, I wasn't expecting too many items left here at Bakehouse this late but to my pleasant surprise, their sourdough egg tart is still available (albeit limited supply). Rejoice!


Their egg tart is always hugely popular in my household, but I found today that they still have some bakery goods that I have never tried before, such as this espresso caramel éclair. OK, I have to admit, I am a sucker for éclairs. Just give me choux pastry filled with cream any day.



This was really really good. I am not a fan of espresso but I love the espresso flavored choux pastry which was so light, puffy and crisp! I thought the filling of salted caramel cream topped with cacao nibs delivered a pretty powerful finish. I would very much like to have this again.





Food Rating: 6.5/10
Price: $$$$
Address: G14 Tai Wong Street East, Wanchai, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Wanchai
Website: https://bakehouse.hk/
Opening Hours: 8:00am - 9:00pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think