Sunday, June 19, 2022

AFURI Ramen + Dumpling 阿夫利拉麵 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

We were supposed to call it the day after enjoying our Father's Day lunch at the newly opened BlueHouse followed by a movie at the K11 Musea cinema but little nugget kept hounding me about having a ramen dinner tonight. At the end of the day, the old man finally gave up and granted him his wish.

Since we were just having afternoon tea at Semua Semua So Bar (蘇媽.蘇媽 So Bar) in Tsim Sha Tsui, I thought why not introduce little one to the famous yuzu infused ramen at AFURI Ramen + Dumpling (阿夫利拉麵) at The ONE just across the street.

AFURI Ramen + Dumpling 阿夫利拉麵 The ONE Hong Kong

Yuzu shoyu ramen (柚子醬油拉麵) – Jelloman and I already started going to AFURI when we were visiting Tokyo more than a decade ago. I've always had a soft spot for their smoky charcoal grilled char-siu but the yuzu infused broth, I have never been much of a fan.

AFURI Ramen + Dumpling 阿夫利拉麵 The ONE Hong Kong - Yuzu shoyu ramen (柚子醬油拉麵)

While little one immediately fell in love with their yuzu shoyu (soy sauce based) broth (which AFURI is best known of), Jelloman and I again felt that the yuzu flavors were just way too overpowering for us. But then, little one always loves any noodles served in a warm soup. Nothing has changed.

AFURI Ramen + Dumpling 阿夫利拉麵 The ONE Hong Kong - Yuzu shoyu ramen (柚子醬油拉麵)

Tonkotsu tantanmen (豬骨濃湯擔擔麵) – For myself, I ordered this dan dan noodles cuz I thought I was in need of some extra heat thanks to the sizzling weather.

AFURI Ramen + Dumpling 阿夫利拉麵 The ONE Hong Kong - Tonkotsu tantanmen (豬骨濃湯擔擔麵)

The thick noodles really brought out the best of the dan dan sauce but I thought the flavors from the pork bone broth really didn't register. 

AFURI Ramen + Dumpling 阿夫利拉麵 The ONE Hong Kong - Tonkotsu tantanmen (豬骨濃湯擔擔麵)

Look at how much he was enjoying his yuzu shoyu ramen.


I don't think any ramen shop would find it difficult to get a thumbs up from this guy!!! 👦👍👍👍






Food Rating: 5/10
Price: $$$
Address: i.t orange forest, 2/F, THE ONE, 100 Nathan Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Tsim Sha Tsui
Tel: +852 2815-2177
Opening Hours: 12:00pm - 9:30pm (Sun - Thu), 12:00pm - 10:00pm (Fri - Sat)



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think