Monday, June 20, 2022

L'Atelier de Joël Robuchon (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

We have a string of important meetings coming up in the next few weeks. We had two just this morning alone and by the time everything was said and done, it was already lunch time. I wasn't planning to do anything special for lunch to begin with but curiosity led me to ring up the folks at L'Atelier de Joël Robuchon and surprise, surprise, they have a table for me if I choose to take it. Hey, why not if I could finish within an hour.


It's been almost a year since I last visited L'Atelier de Joël Robuchon and knowing that I'll be super busy in the next couple of months, I thought I deserve a small treat for myself.


A fine collection of French bread to kick off the meal as usual. I wasn't really feeling hungry until I started munching away with these brioche.


The amuse today was something that's perfect for the summer, a small bowl of refreshing gazpacho made with Spanish tomatoes and strawberries topped nicely with pistachio.  


They put the finishing touch on by showering the gazpacho with some cheese snow. What a nice way to begin the meal.


I didn't have to think twice about my starter today. It's going to be the in-season green peas velouté served on a bed of steamed egg which has been decorated beautifully with French peas.


The silky smooth green peas velouté was just the perfect, heartwarming dish for the dog days of summer.


Very clean flavors coming from the green peas working fine with the bed of panna cotta made with egg and onion. The minty flavors from the mint leaves could have been a little stronger though.



And I didn't have to think twice about what to order for my main course (this is not a recording!) since both beef tenderloin and pork weren't on the lunch menu today.


But I could never say no to Hokkaido scallops anyways!


The superbly cooked Hokkaido scallops came with creamy fregola pasta on the bottom, and finished off brilliantly with a rich and tangy Noilly Prat sauce. Delish~


I managed to finish about one third of Oncle Joël's killer mash this afternoon. When my server asked if I wanted to finish the rest, I smiled and replied that I'd love to do that but my cardiologist probably won't be happy with it. And we had a good chuckle about that.


Dessert was an old friend who I've seen a few times before, "Gianduja" chocolate with caramelized hazelnuts and Earl Grey tea ice-cream.



The 
Gianduja chocolate came in different textures and complemented nicely by some crunchy hazelnuts and of course the key, Earl Grey tea ice-cream. I am a sucker for anything with Earl Grey tea in it!



That was very good.



Petite fours were pistachio macaron and coffee chocolate. 


What a great job of pacing by the team here! When I asked my meal to be finished within an hour, I didn't think it was possible. But looking at the clock, from the time I was presented with the bread basket to my first sip of tea, it took only a whopping 65 minutes! A lot had happened in between that hour and 5 minutes, and I have to say, it's a job well-done, by both the kitchen staff and service team.  


BluHouse wasn't my first choice for Father's Day celebration yesterday so this meal was kind of a make-up celebration for myself. Too bad little nugget wasn't here to celebrate with me.





Food Rating: 7/10
Price: $$$$
Address: Shop 315 & 401, The Landmark, Central, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Central
Tel: +852 2166-9000
Website: www.robuchon.hk
Opening Hours: 12:00pm - 2:00pm, 6:30pm - 10:30pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think