Saturday, June 11, 2022

Shh cafe & massage (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

Saturday is normally a very busy day for little nugget and that was again the case with choir in the morning, followed by a quick lunch and another 2-hour class in Jordan. After dropping him off at his classroom, Jelloman and I walked around the area pondering over our plan to spend our spare time. Obviously, none of us had a plan coming in but suddenly lightning strike and I got a brilliant idea!

All of a sudden, I remembered reading about this cafe and spa/massage place called "Shh...", which was about 6-8 minutes from where we were. I thought no harm for us to venture over for a quick look, right?


Shh Cafe and Massage is split into two floors with the spa situated on the first floor while the cafe located on the ground floor next to entrance to the staircase (that leads to the upper-level spa). I was hoping to squeeze in a session of foot massage but no cigar as the place was fully booked for the afternoon.


So, Jelloman and I turned our attention back to the ground-floor cafe which was obviously a very popular spot for people checking in these days.



While the cafe is famous for its coffee, I decided to take a pass after already having my caffeine fix in early morning.

King prawn linguine – Instead I needed some savory dishes and I needed them fast. First up, it was a pasta dish that probably proved to be enough to lure me back in the future. The pasta tossed with cream sauce, onion and fresh chives was very very nice. Al dente nice. Throw in a couple of tiger prawns (not sure if they're king prawns) and dried chili, we got ourselves a pretty good treat here.


Maple butter bacon wings – A signature dish here. I assume the word "Maple" means maple syrup so not surprisingly, the wings were full of sweetness. A succulent dish that was definitely worthy of an encore (Blemish, the bacon did very little or anything to help enhance the flavors of the wings).


Lotus Biscoff salted caramel croffle – I have heard about croffle, the hybrid of croissant and waffle for a while but somehow, I wasn't too excited about this new (now old) creation. At least not as excited as I was with its distant cousins, cronuts and cruffins.

To me, this tasted exactly like a waffle, a weird-shaped one but it didn't have the quality of a croissant which was supposed to be crispy, flaky and......



I need to be back some other time for my foot massage but for now, it's time to settle the bill and pick up my little prince.





Food Rating: 5.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop C, G/F, 144 Austin Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Jordan
Tel: +852 3795-3065
Opening Hours: 11:00am - 9:00pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think