Friday, June 10, 2022

The Baker & The Bottleman (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

I'm doing my own taste test on doughnuts tonight. After getting a vanilla cream doughnut from The Bakehouse around lunch hour, I quickly ventured over to the nearby The Baker & The Bottleman for another cream doughnut just to see which bakery shop has the best tasting doughnut in Wanchai.


Vanilla cream doughnut (The Bakehouse) – I got this for my little nugget but I did steal a quarter of it from him to see if it's tasty enough for me. And it was! Perfectly spongy and it came with a ton of vanilla custard cream the exact way it was supposed to be.


Earl Grey and Chocolate cream doughnut (The Baker & The Bottleman) – Man, I was shaking a bit before I got my first bite in, not knowing how it would fare against The Bakehouse's vanilla cream doughnut.

But first thing first, I must apologize for the less-than-stellar presentation of this doughnut. It used to be in a perfect shape of a burger but my helper who helped to bring it back, probably danced around a little too much so this was what it looks like now.

This was very very nice. The brioche, I thought, came with very nice pillowy texture and the earl grey infused chocolate cream sandwiched in the middle was the perfect match. The chocolate flavors were rich yet not too rich to overpower the earl grey. I would definitely love to try this again some other time.



I would call this a draw although a slight edge would be given to The Baker & The Bottleman cuz I just love Earl Grey flavored desserts.





Food Rating: 6/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop G14 & G15, G/F, Lee Tung Avenue, 200 Queen’s Road East, Wanchai, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Wanchai
Tel: +852 2817-8383
Opening Hours: 8:00am - 5:00pm (Tue - Sun)



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think