Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Vive Cake Boutique Lee Tung Avenue (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

I had the chance to check out Vive Cake Boutique at Lee Tung Avenue during its opening months but wasn't overly impressed with what I have got then. It's been a year now so I thought timing was right to go for my second visit.



Ever Green ($45) - I decided to go with two cakes I didn't try last time around. First up was Ever Green, a green apple themed cake with a nice combination of green apple mousse and earl grey sponge.



This was very refreshing. The green apple compote provided nice acidity to the mix and I love the contrasting texture between the green apple mousse, green apple compote, Earl Grey sponge and almond biscuit. What a lovely piece of cake!



Summer Flourish ($45) - Sitting on top was lychee jelly with a bit of edible flowers providing lovely fragrance over a layer of white peach mousse.



And that's not all. I haven't even touched on the stuff in the middle including the layered vanilla sponge cake, white peach cubes and almond biscuit. A very busy dessert with lots of ingredients in it. The rich white peach flavor was very impressive and they had the lychee there to back it up so it won't get too one-dimensional. Another pleasant surprise.



Two out of two is definitely a result I didn't expect. Perhaps I should keep a much closer eye on this patisserie from now on.




Food Rating: 6/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop B05-06, Lee Tung Avenue, 200 Queens Road East, Wanchai, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Wanchai
Tel: +852 5111-4895
Website: www.vive.hk


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think