Friday, May 5, 2017

Yangmiok 良味屋 (Seoul, SOUTH KOREA) ★★★☆☆

Our travel day to Seoul is never fun. First, we got to wake up early to catch the morning flight (5:30AM to be exact). When we finally arrive in Seoul, it's late afternoon (3PM) and it's time to scramble for a quick bite. We lose an hour due to time difference and if these are not bad enough already, there's another daunting task ahead of us - finding a Korean barbecue place for dinner from a staggering number of selections in the city.



That's what I'm up against today and I'm glad it's almost over. Like most of our trips to Seoul, we start things off with some barbecue meat and we finally made up our mind on Yangmiok (良味屋) since it's so close to our hotel.



Opened back in 1992, Yangmiok (良味屋) is a Korean barbecue house that prides itself in providing some of the best ingredients. From what I've heard, it's one of former prime minister Kim Dae-Jung's favorite dining place.



I love a BBQ house that is clean and spotless. The minimalist Yangmiok fits the bill perfectly in that regard.



We all know Yangmiok specializes in beef intestines but that's not going to be in our plans tonight I'm afraid.



But these beef ribs (31,000won for 2 pieces) will be!



They're definitely not cheap so they better taste as good as Hanwoo beef.



I don't mind getting your hands dirty but their servers were so eager to serve so I guess I will just sit back and enjoy this meal.



My nugget is so looking forward to this...



I thought these were pretty tasty. Very rich flavored and the texture was a bit bouncy (in a good way).



We also checked out their beef tripe soup which was unfortunately a little disappointing.



Food Rating: 4.5/10
Price: ₩₩₩₩
Address: 27-1 Namdaemun-ro, Jung-gu, Seoul, South Korea
Closest Metro Station: City Hall / Hoehyeon
Tel: +82 2-3789-9288


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think