Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Quiche Yoroizuka (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

I'm personally a huge fan of grand pâtissier Toshi Yoroizuka (鎧塚俊彦). His work at his eponymous dessert bar has been nothing short of brilliant and for that reason alone, I was put in very difficult situation a number of times because I needed to squeeze them into my super tight schedule in Tokyo. While there's very little chance that Pâtisserie Toshi Yoroizuka will ever open a branch in Hong Kong, Quiche Yoroizuka, another concept by the famous baker has recently launched its first shop inside the SOGO Department Store food hall in Causeway Bay. So I'm doing what a true fan should do, join the long long lineup in the opening week!



Surprisingly, it didn't take very long before I could lay my hands on their quiche. The shrimp quiche with lobster sauce (right) was the one that I have been really looking forward to and it certainly didn't disappoint. The lobster sauce was rich yet subtle. Very nice.

I wanted something that would stand in stark contrast to the savory lobster sauce and found it in their orange almond quiche (left). The mild acidity was surprisingly comforting and I was so glad that I made good with both selections. Hooray!  



Food Rating: 5/10
Price: $$
Address: Shop 15C, B2/F, SOGO, 555 Hennessy Road, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Causeway Bay
Tel: +852 2831-8813


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think