Saturday, May 6, 2017

DORÉ DORÉ Sinsa (Seoul, SOUTH KOREA) ★★★☆☆

I just got enough time to squeeze in another dessert before going back to my nugget so I decided to drop by DORÉ DORÉ for a quick visit (my cardiologist won't be thrilled with this).




They have this long list of new cakes in 2017. Where should I start?




I ended up with this citron rainbow cake (₩9,500), the newest member of their famous rainbow series. It has all these different flavors (and colors) of sponge cakes "trapped inside" a single slice of cake. They got these small pieces of sponge cakes stuck together thanks to the help of those extra-thick slabs of fresh cream (The second thing that my cardiologist won't be thrilled with!) It was pretty airy but somehow I couldn't find any citrusy flavors coming from the citron. That was odd.



I know we have wine pairings for our savory food but never have I got or heard of an ice-cream pairing for my cakes before? But obviously, this came with my citron rainbow cake.....



Food Rating: 4.5/10
Price: ₩₩₩
Address: 544-4 Sinsa-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul, South Korea
Closest Metro Station: Sinsa
Website: www.doredore.co.kr


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think