Sunday, May 7, 2017

aA Design Museum Café (Seoul, SOUTH KOREA) ★★★☆☆

Our second stop was aA Design Museum Café, a place which was once my favorite café in Hongdae because of its unique industrial vibe and cozy atmosphere.



Every time I walk through these doors, I have a feeling that I am going into a museum. 



The industrial chic decor of this five-story loft space never grows old.



I never did check out their terrace before. Maybe I should do that next time (if I ever come back, more on that later).



In the basement, they have a lot of space dedicated to different furniture and gadgets like a lifestyle store.



But unfortunately, while the vibe remains largely the same, the rest of the stuff which has made this place so popular among our circle of friends all these years is no longer there. I'm talking about a decent menu and service.

I didn't know exactly when aA café has switched to its current self-served mode but it certainly didn't bode well for a lot of us. Perhaps, it's a cost cutting move? That would explain why their kitchen is gone too. In fact, they are no longer offering cooked food (and desserts) including their famous pancakes. Drinks such as lattes are down to 2-3 choices and on this day, even their cakes (like tiramsiu) which they probably ordered somewhere else, were mostly sold out. But it's only the middle of the day.



As much as I like this place, I'm afraid I won't be back in the near future unless they have a fix on the food and drink menu (I can live with the self-service).

Food Rating: 4/10
Price: ₩₩₩
Address: 408-11 Seo-kyo dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul, South Korea
Closest Metro Station: Sangsu
Tel: +82 2-3143-7312
Website: www.aadesignmuseum.com


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think