Saturday, May 20, 2017

Jamie's Italian at Harbour City (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

Last year around this time, I had a terrible dining experience at Jamie's Italian and I vowed not to ever come back again. Was that a bit harsh? Maybe it was so I decided to give it another go tonight.



I never noticed they have a kid's corner with all these little toys available.



My little nugget will try not to make a mess here! He promised!



Truffle tagliatelle ($188) - One of the two signature pastas here along with their prawn linguini. This was seriously good. When tasty tagliatelle meets silky black truffle butter and aged parmesan, generally good things happen and that was the case right here. Just wish I could get a little more shaved black truffle on top.



Gennaro's tagliatelle ($158) - We're getting a second tagliatelle for our little one and it was again pretty tasty (though not as tasty as the truffle pasta). This came with a bit of minced pork and beef as well as toppings of pangrattato and parmesan.



Chicken al mattone ($208) - Not the most beautifully presented dish in the world but this free-range chicken fillet surprised me with its tenderness. I love the creamy wild mushroom sauce on top and they had some lemony rocket, crostini and parmesan clips there for a nice mix of refreshing flavors. Pretty nice.



Their tiramisu was already sold out at around 7PM along with a couple other desserts. So I guess we should just call it the night then.




Tonight, all three dishes reminded me what good comfort food was all about. None of them was anything fancy but the three of us left the place with pretty happy tummy. Now the question is, where should we head for dessert?

Food Rating: 5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop 412, Level 4, Ocean Centre, Harbour City, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Tsim Sha Tsui
Tel: +852 3758-3333
Website: www.jamieoliver.com/italian/hongkong


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think