Sunday, May 7, 2017

Maison M'O Patisserie (Seoul, SOUTH KOREA) ★★★★☆

I strike out twice in front of these glass doors at Maison M'O Patisserie when I previously came on a Monday and Tuesday, both of which turned out to be the famed patisserie's regular closing dates (stupid me for not checking out their website first). Thankfully, third time's a charm!



Nestled in the residential side of Banpo-dong (close to Seorae Village), Maison M'O Patisserie is a place that has been highly touted as the best French patisserie and bakery in all of Seoul. When I said all of Seoul, I mean all of Seoul. Which helps to explain why at 11AM when the little shop was about to open, there was already a small lineup waiting to get in.



I don't know if there's a place in Seoul with a better selection of 
French-style pastries and bread than Maison M'O. After a quick look at their counter, I was left scratching my head knowing I have some pretty tough decisions to make. And oh yes, I have lunch ahead in half an hour too.




Well, I guess I could always squeeze in some room for dessert so without further delay, I moved onto their salon after placing my order (okay, not really a salon but a couple of marble tables right next to the counter).



Are these a little heavy for breakfast? Well, not really.....



Mont Blanc M.O. (₩8,500) - Maison M'O's signature mont blanc is the way to kick things off around here. In between the meringue was chestnut vermicelli and vanilla cream with a hint of lemon (or something citrusy). That was an interesting mix of flavors right there.



Kumo (₩8,500) - I love the combination of jasmine and yoghurt in this one.



Very refreshing with just the right balance of sweetness and acidity without going over the top. That was sooo good.....(in my opinion better than the mont blanc)



Now that I've got the sweet stuff out of the way, it's time for my savory food. Wait, did I just mess up the order here?

Food Rating: 7/10
Price: ₩₩₩
Address: 22, Bangbae-ro 26-gil, Seocho-gu, Seoul, South Korea
Closest Metro Station: Naebang
Tel: +82 070-4239-3335
Website: www.maisonmo.com


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think