Sunday, May 7, 2017

Maillet (Seoul, SOUTH KOREA) ★★★★☆

I was obviously disappointed when I first learned that Maillet would be closing their operation in Itaewon last year. Maillet has long been my favorite patisserie and café in Itaewon and it was hard for me to say goodbye. But later, news broke indicating that the husband and wife team behind Maillet was actually re-locating their beloved café to Gangnam near the Seorae Village. Now that's very good news for those who hang out a lot in Seorae Village (me included)!



Unlike their previous venture in Itaewon which was more of a get-away from the hustle bustle of the city, the new Maillet is the exact opposite. It's right in the middle of the action and not surprisingly, it's always packed with considerable lineups in front of their door.




Looks like it's going to take at least half an hour for me to get a table here so I decided to get some of my favorite pastries to go instead.




Tarte vraiment vanille (₩9,000) - I am guessing this is their own take on Pierre Herme's signature infinite vanilla tart. Their "truly vanilla pie" was very good. It's not as rich and creamy as Pierre Herme's version but nevertheless moist, silky and tasty like it's supposed to be.

L'exo (₩8,000) - This was the combination of mango, coconut and if I'm not mistaken, pineapple too. The refreshing and exotic flavor is the perfect recipe for summer.



Doesn't look like they have missed a beat since their relocation!

Food Rating: 6/10
Price: ₩₩₩
Address: 106-6 Banpo-dong, Seocho-gu, Seoul, South Korea
Closest Metro Station: Sinbanpo
Tel: +82 2-749-1411


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think