Friday, May 5, 2017

Hugo & Victor (Seoul, SOUTH KOREA) ★★★☆☆

When I first got the news that my go-to patisserie Fauchon at the Lotte Department Store food hall closed down after their recent renovation, I took the news hard. But as soon as I found out about its replacement, there were certainly reasons to be optimistic. Like Fauchon, Hugo & Victor is an import directly from France but I always look at them as more of a chocolatier than patisserie.



I had the chance to get some of their pastries back to my hotel last time I was in Seoul. Guess what, this time around, I decided to try dining in.



Cheesecake citron vert (₩9,300) - This was pretty creamy with nice cheesecake flavors but I thought a little one-dimensional (No layering, textures etc in the mix).



Strawberry cheesecake (₩7,500) - I had no idea why they have two similar types of cheesecakes here but this one was so much better. In the middle, we have a layer of the same cream cheese but it was topped with a strawberry flavored jelly and then a crunchy base underneath. The contrasting texture is definitely giving us a bit better bite.



They were doing a promotion at the moment. For ₩20,000, we got to choose any three pieces of cakes and tarts from their collection. That's pretty good bargain right there...

Food Rating: 5.5/10
Price: ₩₩₩₩
Address: 81, Namdaemun-ro, Jung-gu, Seoul, South Korea
Closest Metro Station: Euljiro 1-ga
Website: www.facebook.com/Hugo-Victor-Korea-510938909075791/


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think