Tuesday, July 2, 2024

Red City Cafe Lai Chi Kok 紅城冰室 荔枝角店 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★☆☆☆

The recently opened Red City Cafe (紅城冰室) has been the talking point for those of us living in the Lai Chi Kok area. Many felt like it could turn into a real gem while others like me were far more skeptic (thanks to my previous experience dining at their Wanchai branch).



Not surprisingly, in its first week of operation, it was drawing a modest crowd. 



I decided to come for breakfast on the second week and with the advantage of starting early, I was able to get myself a table without any waiting time.



My breakfast started off with a glass of iced milk tea as usual. This was silky smooth like it was supposed to be but it was lacking the fragrance often found from a perfect blend of black tea. All in all, I thought it didn't have the powerful-enough blend that was crucial for the aromatic finish.


I ordered the instant noodle set with a choice of three ingredients, fried egg, luncheon meat and bacon but the chef decided to trade me a bit of spicy pork for my bacon. 😡😡


Some of the servers were seen giving guests attitude but that's not all surprising these days. In fact, this is the main reason why the locals are fleeing the city for Shenzhen over the weekends. It's not just the cheaper price tags.   




Food Rating: 3.9/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop 1, 822 Lai Chi Kok Road, Lai Chi Kok, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Lai Chi Kok
Tel: +852 2726-5080



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think