Saturday, June 1, 2024

Seventh Son Restaurant 家全七福酒家 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

V and I have been trying to organize a lunch gathering with our parents for a while and it finally came to fruition this weekend. Mom and V’s mom had just recently re-connected after a break of almost 15 years and needless to say, they’ve got a lot to talk over lunch.

For the second straight time, V is making the call for our dining venue and it’s going to be Seventh Son Restaurant (家全七福) at Wharney Hotel, a restaurant I know very little about.

Apparently, V’s family has already made most of the arrangements for food and kicking off our meal was a suckling pig with some perfectly crunchy skin. I couldn’t think of a better way to start off the meal!


Turns out the meat was served separately from the skin. This was very very tasty and even without any hoisin sauce, it was already full of flavors.


After the suckling pig and a parade of dim sum, we fast forward to our desserts and it’s always my favorite part of the meal.

First, we have some deep-fried dumplings with red bean paste (豆沙角). This was very delicate and the texture very much reminded me of the crispy dumplings (角仔) we had during Chinese New Year.


Another dessert that rocked was the steamed sesame seed buns (麻蓉包). I always have a thing for a piping hot steamed bun and this was just the perfect way to end the meal on a sweet note. Pillowy with fillings of sesame seeds that is sweet but not too sweet (not like lotus seed paste).


It was great to finally meet V’s parents after almost two decades. We used to see each every weekend when I was a kid and they were such a huge part of my childhood. I couldn’t imagine what my life (and my family’s) would be if we didn’t cross paths with them. 




Food Rating: 7/10
Price: $$$$
Address: 3/F, Wharney Hotel, 57-73 Lockhart Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Wanchai
Tel: +852 2892-2888
Opening Hours: 11:30am - 3:00pm, 6:00pm - 11:00pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think