Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Life is Good Cafe (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★☆☆☆

I have an early meeting with the bosses this morning and just to make sure that I have enough to get through our working lunch, I decided to have a full breakfast at Life is Good Cafe.



I read about the opening of Life is Good Cafe not long ago, taking over the space from the once-popular Lim Kee Bing Sutt (廉記冰室), which used to be so good thanks to its in-house bakery shop. And it looks like that the bakery shop is here to stay.  


Iced milk tea – One of the things that really bugged me about Lim Kee was their iced milk tea. The tea was really strong but they didn't have enough milk / condensed milk to back it up. This was the case again. Not looking good here.


Fried egg – I have asked for fried egg instead of scrambled egg this morning.



Instant noodle with shredded ham 
– This was OK. I imagined not a difficult dish to make for a professional kitchen.



Obviously, the opening of Wing Wah Allday (永華日常) just a stone's throw away has been killing the business of this place and they have themselves to blame for that. Nowadays, only counting on an in-house bakery is not going to cut.





Food Rating: 4/10
Price: $$$
Address: G/F, 13 Spring Garden Lane, Wanchai, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Wanchai
Tel: +852 3468-2971
Opening Hours: 7:00am - 10:30pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think