Sunday, November 27, 2022

Snow Blossom (Sydney, AUSTRALIA) ★★☆☆☆

I thought the rapid train to Rhodes (Northern direction) would provide us with a fast track to the waterside suburb but the whole journey ended up taking more than 45 minutes. That’s a lot of traveling time for just six stations!

It was almost 2:15pm when we finally emerged from the station exit and without hesitation, we went straight into Rhodes Central, a local mall to check out what it has in store for us. There were a few things of interest including a Top Impression Bakery Cafe but something quickly caught my eyes - an American pecan pie!


I am a sucker for pecan pies but they are almost impossible to find in Hong Kong! So this incredible find at Snow Blossom had my blood pressure going up immediately.


First thing first, Jelloman had to get a glass of sugarcane juice to quench her thirst. The lemony hint (or lemon grass) from the juice was just too weird for me. I didn’t like it.

We had to find a private place to enjoy our pecan pie. After a short walk from the mall, we finally arrived at this beautiful waterfront park and there were empty seats everywhere!!!


Time to sink my teeth into this pecan pie


Like the sugarcane juice, I thought there was a hint of lemon with the pie, which I thought didn’t mesh well with the rest of the ingredients. And the pecan and smooth-textured filling underneath just weren’t in a balanced proportion. Just a bit too much nuts and the baked crust on the bottom not crisp enough. My teeth had to literally work overtime on this one.


Jelloman and I both agreed that Rhodes is a very nice and quiet waterside neighborhood to live in. It reminds us of Discovery Bay in Hong Kong but unfortunately, the travel time just didn’t make sense for us (unless we take the water transportation?).




Food Rating: 4/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop G10 Rhodes Central, 6-14 Walker Street, Rhodes NSW 2138, Australia
Closest Train Station: Rhodes
Tel: +61 452-639-725
Opening Hours: 10:00am - 9:00pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think