Saturday, November 26, 2022

Hong Kong Cafe Wolli Creek 港夠味 (Sydney, AUSTRALIA) ★★★☆☆

After a relatively quiet first day in Sydney, we began to embark on a much busier schedule starting today. First up, it was time to visit Jelloman’s beloved Aunt I and her family in Wolli Creek.
We didn’t waste any time in the morning after we met up. Since it was a little early for lunch, we all decided to check out a few open homes in the area. Perhaps one day, we could be neighbors too!?

After squeezing in four open houses before lunch, it was about time we had our first meal with Aunt I. I handpicked this local cha chaan teng called Hong Kong Cafe (港夠味) myself, since I wanted a sip of the local pantyhose milk tea first hand.


The tea was a little stronger than I expected and there was not really enough milk for the right perfect. But all and all, OK.

I was craving for some stir-fried noodles this afternoon so this stir-fried noodles with beef and vegetables (時菜牛肉炒麵) was the easy choice. This came with some pretty good “wok hei”. Funny how Aunt I put it but it was so true that the dish actually had more beef and vegetables than noodles. 

I thought the noodles were nicely done. I was curious to try some Australian beef out but disappointingly, they were pretty rubbery. A small blemish for an otherwise satisfying family lunch!




Food Rating: 4.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: 4/1 Magdalene Terrace, Wolli Creek NSW 2205, Australia
Closest Train Station: Wolli Creek
Tel: +61 2-8541-8787
Opening Hours: 11:30am - 9:30pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think