Friday, November 11, 2022

Muta Restaurant by ATUM (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

Mom's latest bout with COVID-19 had everyone including yours truly worried. In fact, I was worried enough that I took the afternoon off to take care of a few things for her. Not to waste the afternoon off, I am also taking little nugget to his grammar class in Jordan. A very productive day indeed! 



I have two hours to spare while little guy had his grammar skills polished. Since I couldn't find anything interesting in Jordan, I decided to venture a little further to Mira Shopping Mall where I found Muta Restaurant by ATUM on the basement level. Muta is Japanese style cafe serving a wide variety of fusion food such as Japanese chicken meatballs on a skewer, pasta and mentaiko chicken wings. As a member of the ATUM group, of course they are also very strong with artisan desserts.



First, a cup of chestnut latte to kick off my relaxing afternoon. Surprisingly, it only came in hot without an iced version.


I thought the chestnut flavor could have been a little richer.


Pumpkin cheesecake with homemade pistachio ice-cream – It's not my first choice.


While there was nothing wrong with the flavor and texture of this pumpkin cheesecake, I thought its presentation looked a bit messy. If this happened to be sitting at home on my dining table, I would probably think it's made by my little one using Play-doh!

This couldn't probably be something that just came out of a professional kitchen, right? They should know how to make it a little smoother on the surface (The pistachio ice-cream was pretty good). 


Somehow, I did enjoy the vibe here. Perhaps, I should come back for the savory stuff next time (while avoiding the sweet stuff).





Food Rating: 4/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop B131, B1/F, Mira Place One, 132 Nathan Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Tsim Sha Tsui
Tel: +852 3795-2332
Opening Hours: 12:00pm - 10:00pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think