Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Max Brenner Chocolate Bar Centrepoint (Sydney, AUSTRALIA) ★★★★☆

After spending much of the day in Circular Quay and The Rocks, we decided to go back to Town Hall station ahead of our dinner schedule. Jelloman and I had very different ideas behind for the decision making. While she had a shopping list to finish, I had a couple of cafes to check off my list just before the Sydney portion of our trip ends in three days. 


My first stop was Max Brenner Chocolate Bar, a cafe I haven't visited since my first trip to Sydney decades ago. 


The chocolate drinks here are certainly good ways to start the late afternoon with, so are the S'mores but.....


Choc hazelnut cake – But I saw this a couple of nights ago in Macquarie Centre and couldn't get it off my mind. The size of this was bigger than typical petite cakes; I would say at least by 1.5.

It was chocolate sponge with a hazelnut insert, surrounded by silky smooth milk chocolate mousse.


The hazelnut insert could have been a bit more nutty but the milk chocolate mousse was perfect. Very rich and runny, almost like a ganache.



I hope I didn't stuff myself too much with this cake cuz otherwise, I would be kicking myself for not having a full appetite for our highly anticipated dinner at Kuro Bar & Dining tonight. 





Food Rating: 6/10
Price: $$$
Address: Level 6 Centrepoint (Inside Westfield), Market Street, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia
Closest Metro Station: Town Hall
Tel: +61 2-238-0022
Opening Hours: 9:00am - 9:00pm (Sun - Thu), 9:00am - 10:00pm (Fri - Sat)



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think