Saturday, November 5, 2022

Kopitiam Bagus.Bagus 捌哥.捌哥特色馬拉茶啡廳 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

Last week, I dropped little nugget off at boy scout and enjoyed a pretty nice (but quick) afternoon tea at a Malaysian/Singaporean cafe/eatery (Rempah Noodles). Could I make it two in a roll this Saturday? You bet. But this time, it's one of my favorite afternoon tea spots and a place I know very well during the pandemic – Kopitiam Bagus.Bagus (捌哥.捌哥特色馬拉茶啡廳) in Sham Shui Po


Iced teh tarik (凍拉茶) – The pulled tea is again very very good today. Perfect harmony of milk and tea flavor, which isn't always the case not just here but everywhere. 


Butter kaya toast (咖吔牛油多) – The toasts were very crisp which was the perfect match with the frozen butter and pandan infused kaya jam. I was tempted to get ourselves another order of this, but Jelloman was kind enough to let me have an extra slice.


Ipoh Chicken with bean sprouts and fresh chives (怡保芽菜雞) – I just realized that I haven't eaten lunch earlier this afternoon! Such is life of a parent of a primary school kid in Hong Kong. I originally thought that half of an Ipoh chicken would be too much of an afternoon snack for me but hey, what the heck!



I managed to handle this all by myself (not the ginger turmeric rice though).



I'll keep coming back as long as they can deliver the same level of consistency with their teh tarik and butter kaya toast day in and day out.





Food Rating: 6.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: G/F, 188 Yu Chau Street, Sham Shui Po, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Sham Shui Po
Tel: +852 2253-6911
Opening Hours: 11:00am - 10:00pm daily


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think