Friday, June 4, 2021

Ichitora Ramen Wanchai 一虎拉麵 灣仔 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

I just had time for a quick lunch before my afternoon meeting today. Rather than going to The Pawn which I usually do, I decided to visit Ichitora Ramen (一虎拉麵) for a bowl of my favorite tonkotsu ramen.


Close my eyes and imagine myself somewhere in Japan waiting for my ramen noodles. It's working!


As always, I'm getting their namesake Ichitora Ramen with their signature pork bone broth, chives, black fungus, char siu and soft-boiled egg.


The barbecued pork was very very tender (and juicy!). I chose the thin noodles thinking it would work a bit better with the flavorful broth.


The soft-boiled egg was also spot on. Look at the runny yolk. Gorgeous! But take a look at the pork bone broth. See all the fat (some were garlics) floating in the broth; they should have done a much better job removing them from the soup.


Ichitora Ramen is one of my go-to ramen shops in Wanchai but I will have to think twice about going there again cuz I can't remember the pork bone broth with so much fat last time I visited. In fact, I thought it was creamy with lovely beige color.





Food Rating: 6/10
Price: $$$
Address: G/F, 23 Amoy Street, Wanchai, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Wanchai
Tel: +852 2808-0635
Opening Hours: 11:30am - 3:00pm, 6:00pm - 10:00pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think