Sunday, June 6, 2021

Hong Kong Cafe 香港餐室 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

I had my Sunday morning and early afternoon off with little nugget hanging out with his friends. House chores kept me busy and by the time I finally sat down to rest, it was already 3pm! So, without hesitation, I got dressed and headed straight towards Tsim Sha Tsui to meet up with the gang.

I got there a little early and since I haven't had anything to eat since breakfast, I started looking for a place for a quick afternoon tea on Ashley Road. There has been a lot of changes going on in that area of TST. It was then that I spotted Hong Kong Cafe (香港餐室), a cafe that doubles at a hotpot restaurant at night.



The ground level was their bar area so I had to climb the stairs to reach their restaurant.


This place looks spacious and clean. I'm loving it already. Like I said, they're a cafe during breakfast, lunch and afternoon hours but switch into a hotpot restaurant at night.


Is this the longest afternoon tea menu I've seen? No, but there's a second page...


It keeps going from A to Z....


The hot milk tea I thought was pretty good (especially for a hot pot restaurant). It was silky smooth although could have been a little more creamy.


I wanted a big afternoon tea since it's literally my lunch so this was perfect! Fujian fried rice (福建炒飯) with all the nice toppings of chicken breast, shrimp, ham, mushrooms and vegetables. The oyster sauce was spot on. I bet they have a more proper kitchen than most cha chaan teng (茶餐廳) so no surprise about them producing such quality of food there.


Before I stopped for fuel here, I have actually dropped by Peninsula Hotel to check out their new cafe and boutique which has just recently opened a week ago. I have heard about people waiting there for 4 hours for a table. Out of curiosity, I have left my name there to see if I could get a table in an hour. So, I am heading back to find out about my fate. Wish me luck! 





Food Rating: 5.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: 1/F & Shop D, G/F, Ashley Building, 14 Ashley Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Tsim Sha Tsui
Tel: +852 2892-2822
Opening Hours: 7:00am - 6:00pm daily 



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think