Friday, June 18, 2021

Dalloyau Pacific Place (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

Work has really kept me busy the last couple of weeks limiting my time to check out some of the new restaurants in town. I was supposed to check the new La Vache at Pacific Place off my list (more on that later) but it never came to fruition.

It probably wasn't fair to say that Dalloyau (also at Pacific Place) was a replacement for La Vache as today's lunch venue. In fact, I was expecting more from the French bistro who has a total of 3 Michelin stars as a restaurant group under the belt. 

Dalloyau Pacific Place

Pan-seared scallops and Serrano ham salad - Very nicely plated. The salad came with lots of ingredients and a light vinaigrette dressing but there was no question who the star of the dish was, the lightly seared scallops. I like the addition of Serrano ham too, bringing some savory notes to the dish. Very nice start.

Dalloyau Pacific Place - Pan-seared scallops and Serrano ham salad

French Yellow Chicken - The same French chicken fillet came with two different servings. The left one tasted as if it's been slow-cooked or poached and was finished off with something like a curried sauce. The right one, which was the tastier one, was fried with a lovely crispy skin. It was interestingly prepared with a hint of tandoori which was a bit odd considering the curry sauce on the left side. 

Dalloyau Pacific Place - French Yellow Chicken

I didn't have time for dessert but did have enough to enjoy my cup of tea before I settled my bill for my next engagement.



Going to the new La Vache! for lunch did come across my mind but that thought quickly went away as soon as I saw walk-in customers shaking their heads and leaving the restaurant disappointingly (despite the fact that there were plenty of empty seats). I am guessing that they're limiting their dine-in customers during their soft opening. 






Food Rating: 6/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop 325B, L3, Pacific Place, Admiralty, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Admiralty
Tel: +852 3185-8391
Opening Hours: 8:30am - 10:00pm (Mon - Fri), 10:30am - 10:00pm (Sat - Sun)



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think