Monday, June 28, 2021

Honolulu Coffee Shop 檀島咖啡餅店 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

Of course, my collection of posts on local tea restaurants won't be complete without writing about Honolulu Coffee Shop (檀島咖啡餅店), one of the grand-daddy of all local tea restaurants in Hong Kong. I didn't know exactly when they first opened door but my research showed that they actually started way back in the 1940's. That's more than 70 years ago!


While their food will never be their calling card, their bakery goods and pantyhose milk tea are two fan favorites over the past decades.


I thought my steamed minced pork with preserved vegetables wasn't bad today. Of course, I won't leave without a cup of hot milk tea. There's my caffeine fix right there!


My quest to write about 100 local tea restaurants is still a long way from finishing but it was nice to finally get this iconic one on my list.





Price: $$
Address: G/F & Mezz Floor, 176-178 Hennessy Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Wanchai
Tel: +852 2575-1823
Opening Hours: 7:00am - 10:00pm daily


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think