Sunday, June 13, 2021

Dang Wen Li by Dominique Ansel H Queen's 當文歷餅店 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

This has been brewing for weeks on the social media, finally we know the exact address. I'm talking about the new flagship bakery of Dang Wen Li by Dominique Ansel (當文歷餅店) at H Queens in Central.

Dang Wen Li by Dominique Ansel H Queen's Flagship

I had the pleasure of spending about a minute at their new location a few days ago when I was having my new implant checked out at a dental office just a stone's throw away. Didn't really get the chance to try anything though as I was rushing back to my office.

Dang Wen Li by Dominique Ansel H Queen's Flagship

But like I always said, it's great to have a foodie friend who's passionate and adventurous about food. Agent-I bought these before coming to our MJ game this morning, including some from their "Around the world" pastry collection.


Pretzel ($58) - I have pretty much tried out the entire collection except this one. Pretzel bavaroise, soft caramel and peanut praline and crispy peanut butter feuilletine in the shape of a giant pretzel.

This looks really really cute. Judging from the description, it's a peanut butter lover's dream. I thought the peanut butter flavors weren't as strong as I originally feared. It was spot on and perhaps a bit on the light side, if you ask me. In fact, I first thought it was hazelnut praline. And obviously, the dessert was full of lovely crunch thanks to the crispy peanut butter feuilletine. I love this one a lot more than the sticky mango rice and Mexican taco.

Dang Wen Li by Dominique Ansel H Queen's Flagship - Pretzel

Special thanks to Agent-I for the decadent treat!!!





Food Rating: 7/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop 2, G/F H Queen’s, 80 Queen’s Road, Central, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Central / Hong Kong Station
Tel: +852 3482-7735
Opening Hours: 8:00am - 8:30pm (Mon - Fri), 9:00am - 8:00pm (Sat - Sun)



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think