Saturday, June 12, 2021

Le Salon De Thé de Joël Robuchon, Elements (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

I went out to Elements Shopping Mall to get a number of things done this afternoon. Right before taking off, I walked past Le Salon De Thé de Joël Robuchon and mom's favorite Mont Blanc cake suddenly flashed through my mind.



I decided to come in for a quick look and ended up getting two pieces of pastries to share with mom. Yeah, it was Typhoon Signal #1 but that wasn't going to stop me from going to see mom on this rainy afternoon.



Of course, she was thrilled to see her favorite son (and Mont Blanc cake).



These plates she uses, they never gets out of style! 


I had this one with silky smooth raspberry mousse and a bit of lychee compote in the middle. Not surprisingly, the balance of sweetness and acidity was impressive.


Mom didn't want to see me leave but I had to go and pick little nugget up. So, I promised her I'd come back to visit her again soon (though I'm already seeing her twice a week but at my place not hers).

P.S. I have to admit there's always something about me going back to the apartment I grew up in. Images of me growing up as a child popping up everywhere (living room, bedroom...). Just standing by the window like I used to do overlooking the stadium and road nearby made me feel a little old sometimes.




Food Rating: 6/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop 1020B, First Floor, Elements, 1 Austin Road west, West Kowloon, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Kowloon Station
Tel: +852 2351-6678
Opening Hours: 8:00am - 9:00pm (Mon - Fri), 9:00am - 9:00pm (Sat - Sun)



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think