Friday, August 18, 2017

Pasticceria Donizetti (Bergamo, ITALY) ★★★☆☆

Bergamo is an amazing city that deserves more than 18 hours but unfortunately, we have an extremely tight schedule which starts in Lake Como this afternoon. So, as much as I want to spend more time here, I have to make sure that we are well on our way before noon.



I was able to squeeze in some time to check out a few shops in the old quarter including this pastry shop called Pasticceria Donizetti.



I love visiting these traditional pastry shops coz I know I can always find some hidden gems.



Look what I found.....



Other than the famous Donizetti cake, another iconic pastry in Bergamo is Polenta cake (or Polenta e Osèi).



It's traditionally made with a sponge cake, chocolate, butter, hazelnut cream and rum. The cake is then covered with yellow marzipan and dusted with sugar.



Of course, I had to get myself a slice of tiramisu.....for breakfast!



This tasted a little more like a coffee cake though. I think they can do much better with the layering job.







Food Rating: 5/10
Price: €€€
Address: Via Alberto Pitentino, 8, 24124 Bergamo BG, Italy
Tel: +39 035 249479
Website: www.pasticceriadonizetti.it



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think