Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Visiting The Happiest Place on Earth one last time in 2021

Just one day removed from a very busy itinerary in Tai O, I was reminded that we had purchased tickets to the Happiest Place on Earth. And no, it's not Finland. 


As usual, I voiced my displeasure on our busy schedule to the "Authority" to no prevail so as an act of protest, I decided to come in late to join the gang instead of going early in the morning.


Some selfies at the water fountain before passing the entry point.


The moment I passed thru those doors, I realized it's probably the busiest I've seen the Hong Kong Disneyland since it first opened.


I finally met up with the gang and a few stops later, here we were at the Main Street getting ourselves ready for the parade. Little nugget wasn't happy about not getting his favorite cotton candy so he's giving us the poker face.


At last, he wins but not after waiting in line for more than half an hour! Needless to say, he's a happy camper now.


Next, he was seen laying the big hurt on the cotton candy!


That was a really weird-looking blue-colored "beard" LOL! 😝😝


Because of the cotton candy, we missed out on the parade but there was no way we would miss the laser show. This was really stunning and of course magical for the kids.


After a super busy 5-day long weekend, I was just happy that it's time to return to work. Not that I wasn't glad to spend time with little nugget but quality time doesn't necessarily mean a hectic schedule is required. In fact, I have breached this to my better half many many times. As long as we're together, even the simplest things in life can put a big smile on little nugget's face. But hey what do I know about raising a kid?


P.S. I had this really empty feeling over Christmas holidays this year. Thinking back, 2021 was one of the few Christmas (202o too) that we have spent in Hong Kong. In previous years, we'd spend it overseas. 2019 we were in Tokyo. (2018, my sister was in town so no traveling for us!). 2017 we were in Dubai taking a flight to Paris. This Covid-19 thing has really put a lot of stuff in perspective. Like I told my friends, the last two years felt like episodes of a Hollywood movie. But this is really life drama.



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think