Friday, December 3, 2021

Bayfare Social at Rosewood Hong Kong (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

I hate to bid farewell, let alone twice but my old schoolmate and I liked it so much last time that we'd do it a second time around before he returns to Canada next week. We touched on a number of venues, at one point it was Henry, the steakhouse at Rosewood Hong Kong; but since the heart and soul of the restaurant Chef Nathan Green already left the house, I countered with Bayfare Social, a more casual location at the same hotel for our gathering.



It was a weird night all around. Our dinner got delayed because both of us were stuck in traffic thanks to an incident in the MTR. Somehow a carriage door came off after hitting on a loose advertisement board. Once again, it proved that anything could happen in life.



Rigatoni – We didn't want to waste more time on this eventful night so we quickly placed our order before catching up. This was my call, a creamy rigatoni with a classic alfredo sauce, topped with parma ham, mushroom and peas. The portion was a little small but it was the heartwarming dish we needed to start off the meal.


Steak frites – My friend is a meat lover so there was no surprise what the second dish would be, steak and frites! The grilled flat iron steak was pretty tender but the shoestring French fries I thought was even more attractive.


Blueberry cheesecake – Both of us don't have very big appetite so we decided to order less savory food to make room for our desserts. While my friend got himself a carrot cake, I went with a much safer bet, at least that's what I thought was safe - blueberry cheesecake.


I didn't recall I had any dessert the last couple of times I was here so it was my first time checking out their dessert and quite honestly, I wasn't impressed. This was a bit too powdery for my liking. I like it thick and creamy like having real cheese.



After dinner, we took a slow walk around the harbour front to admire the Christmas decorations and lighting.



Hong Kong is such a beautiful city. I can't imagine what I would be thinking if it was my turn to leave one day.


This time is really goodbye, my friend. I wish you and your family a seamless transition in Vancouver. I hope to see you some day back in the city where we grew up and studied. We should have more time to chat about our kids then. So long!






Food Rating: 5.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: 5/F Rosewood Hong Kong, Victoria Dockside, 18 Salisbury Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: East Tsim Sha Tsui / Tsim Sha Tsui
Tel: +852 3891-8732
Opening Hours: 12:00pm - 6:00pm daily




Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think