Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Kopitiam Bagus.Bagus 捌哥.捌哥特色馬拉茶啡廳 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

I was reading some online reports on how people's eating habits changed after COVID-19. There seems to be a shift towards sweet stuff and snacks, and a certain group of the population now prefers take-away food instead dining in. After absorbing all those information, I took a step back and started evaluating my own eating habits. Strangely enough, while I still eat out a lot on a consistent basis, I realized that I have shifted towards more fast food like visiting cha chaan teng far more often than I used to. There are also places I used to frequent before, which I subconsciously avoid due to various reasons.  

Kopitiam Bagus.Bagus (捌哥.捌哥特色馬拉茶啡廳) is one of those places that used to be my FAV but somehow faded out of my life completely. In fact, I just recently found out that I have yet to pay them a visit in 2023. So, I thought this visit is long overdue.



The iced pulled tea is still very much on par with what it used to be (in the early stages of the pandemic).



I won't miss their kaya toast with butter for the world. Still one of the best in town thanks to the frozen butter and coconut infused kaya jam. Yum!



Look at that thick slab of butter. Amazing!



Like a lot of restaurants in town, Kopitiam Bagus.Bagus has undergone some changes (minor ones) over the past several years. During this visit, I have noticed that they have installed a large projector screen on the wall. Perhaps, for the broadcasting of news? That's something new. 





Food Rating: 6/10
Price: $$$
Address: G/F, 188 Yu Chau Street, Sham Shui Po, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Sham Shui Po
Tel: +852 2253-6911
Opening Hours: 11:00am - 10:00pm daily


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think