Saturday, May 27, 2023

Butterfly Patisserie (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

After mom's birthday lunch in Tsim Sha Tsui, I decided to take a leisurely stroll in the area on my own which saw me stopping by a number of places including K11 Musea and Regent Hotel. I have deliberately left enough gas in my tank for one final stop, Butterfly Patisserie at Rosewood Hong Kong.   


It's been a long time since I last checked this place out. Of course, I have already learned about the departure of former Executive pastry chef Holger Deh who started his own gluten-free brand by the name of Essentia last year and taking his place in Butterfly Patisserie's kitchen is new Executive Pastry Chef Thomas Cabrit.


Time to bring some sweetness back home.


Mango pandan angel cake ($98) – One of the feature creations by Chef Cabrit with a combination of exotic flavors coming from pandan leaf, mango compote, lime and crunchy coconut. I thought these tropical flavors would come together almost seamlessly but surprisingly, not all of them worked well as a team. 


Jasmine tea and chocolate cake ($92) – The flourless chocolate sponge meets a crispy chocolate and jasmine tea creme brulee filling underneath a layer of delicate jasmine tea infused cream. I thought there was also a layer of crispy chocolate feuilletine in the middle but I could be wrong.


This was simple but yet full of exquisite flavors and wonderful (contrasting) textures. The jasmine tea flavors were right on the money. Other than the chocolate decorations on top which didn't work well with the rest as a team, everything else was beautiful. 






Food Rating: 6/10
Price: $$$$
Address: 2/F, Rosewood Hong Kong, 18 Salisbury Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Tsim Sha Tsui
Tel: +852 3891-8732
Website: www.rosewoodhotels.com/en/hong-kong/dining/butterfly-patisserie
Opening Hours: 11:00am - 10:00pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think