Thursday, May 25, 2023

Dragon City Cafe Tsim Sha Tsui 龍城冰室 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

I had a long chit chat with my hair stylist tonight while I was getting my hair done. And he was telling me how COVID-19 has changed the dynamics of the food scene in Tsim Sha Tsui (where his salon is located). Gone were some of the old stalwarts who used to operate well after midnight and in comes the modern bing sutts (冰室) that typically close around 8pm now. I then joked with him that he better hurried up cuz I have yet to have supper yet.

Admittedly, he was right. After leaving his hair salon at 9:30pm, most restaurants were already closed (but there were tons of people on the street still). Without hesitation, I took his recommendation and went straight to Dragon City Cafe (龍城冰室) which I was told, would stay open until 11pm.



It's my first (or second, couldn't remember) visit to Dragon City and I would love to check out their pantyhose milk tea but it was a bit late for more caffeine.



Dragon City style fried rice noodles (龍城炒米粉) 
– Surprisingly, this came with pretty good "wok hei" and there were plenty of ingredients for some contrasting flavors and bite. Scrambled eggs, shrimp, onions (lots of them), ham, barbecued pork, bean sprouts and green onion; I don't think I miss anything here.



Dragon City wasn't my first choice to begin with. I was initially looking for some Japanese ramen and Ramen Ikka received some consideration. Too bad they were all sold out for the night already.



This is not a bad outing at Dragon City at all (except for the seating, which was pretty tight). Hopefully, I get another chance to check out their milk tea again.





Food Rating: 5.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: G/F, 23-25 Cameron Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Tsim Sha Tsui
Tel: +852 2111-1320
Opening Hours: 7:00am - 11:00pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think