Saturday, May 27, 2023

Butter Cake Shop K11 Musea (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

I thought I was done at K11 Musea after getting my pastries from Butterfly Patisserie but the "good daddy" inside me kept reminding me that little nugget has yet to get his sweet treat. So, I dove right back into action and found myself in front of Butter Cake Shop.



It's not the first time that I found myself staring at Butter's display cakes like a boy stares at his favorite toy. Yes, they don't have the widest selection of pastries in town but they do have some interesting ones in their arsenal including their New York Cheesecake (too bad no pecan pies!).


Didn't realize they have a dine-in area behind the counter. Nice!


New York Cheesecake ($100) – At $100, it's definitely not the cheapest New York cheesecake in town (but not the most expensive).


I have noticed that there was some moisture near the bottom part of the cake while I was taking photos. But I failed to realize what was going on!


Turned out my helper has mistakenly hit a button on the fridge and its cooling function was partially shut down. This glaring mistake was probably the reason why the cheesecake has lost its original texture. It has now turned into this really soft and moist pudding-like thing.

But even with this mishap, I thought the vanilla cookie crumb base remained pretty nice. The creamy flavor was still there although it's now met with some extra acidity (probably from the melting of the cheese?).







Food Rating: 6/10
Price: $$$$
Address: Shop LA106, 1/F, K11 Musea, Victoria Dockside, 18 Salisbury Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: East Tsim Sha Tsui / Tsim Sha Tsui
Opening Hours: 12:00pm - 8:00pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think