Sunday, November 14, 2021

Dang Wen Li by Dominique Ansel H Queen's 當文歷餅店 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

Of course, we didn't come all the way to Central just for some gelato at Messina. I had a pie to pick up this afternoon.



About a month ago, I saw an ad on Dangwenli's website promoting their pies for fall - salted caramel apple pie, classic pumpkin pie and my favorite North American style caramelized pecan pie.



Here they are on display at Dangwenli's flagship at H Queens. All three of their pies.



By ordering my caramelized pecan pie a few weeks in advance, I got a $20 discount. This looks amazing!!!



The crunchy caramelized pecans and flaky crust, everything just looked perfect.


The crispy crust was indeed heavenly. And the fillings of maple syrup, chopped pecans, and the drizzle of whisky.....man, it reminded me so much of Vancouver and there was this place in the city called True Confections where I had my first caramelized pecan pie. I still remembered the gooey filling and the crunch from the pecans. I was still a university student back then.






Food Rating: 7/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop 2, G/F H Queen’s, 80 Queen’s Road, Central, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Central / Hong Kong Station
Tel: +852 3482-7735
Opening Hours: 8:00am - 8:30pm (Mon - Fri), 9:00am - 8:00pm (Sat - Sun)



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think