Sunday, November 14, 2021

Gelato Messina (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

We have a really busy schedule this afternoon. Following our early dim sum brunch in Admiralty, it was time to head over to Central. Jelloman brought up a very good point that little nugget has yet to travel on a tram before so we ended up getting a comfortable ride on one of the city's oldest transportation route.


Speaking of first-timers, little nugget wasn't the only one who's taking a tram for the first time. It was the same case for mom (and me second or third time I couldn't recall)!


We were in Central mainly for my pecan pie but I made a promise to Jelloman and little one that I'd bring them over to the newly opened Gelato Messina for some frosty ice-cream and I intended to keep that promise. At 1:45pm, I was easily, well second in the lineup.


The opening hours start at 2pm so about 15 more minutes to go before someone unlocks this door.


He was getting a little impatient but thankfully, the good guys behind Messina came out with some small ice-cream samples on a stick for us. 


Finally we were the second group that made it through the door. I quickly settled down the gang before placing my order at the counter.


Of course, I knew exactly what to order already - all the Hong Kong exclusive flavors (almost all)!


We were sharing three different flavors, sugarcane, tofu fa and white chocolate hazelnut.


Jelloman had a bit of a mixed review on the three flavors we had this afternoon. She thought the sugarcane sorbet was a little on the sweet side. The white chocolate hazelnut was full of hazelnut flavor but the white chocolate didn't really register. Her favorite was obviously the tofu fa. But for me, I really didn't care cuz a visit to Messina felt like a 5-minute getaway to Sydney. That's the feeling right now during the pandemic.





Food Rating: 6/10
Price: $$$
Address: G/F 37-43 Pottinger Street, Central, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Central
Opening Hours: 3:00pm - 10:00pm (Tue - Thu), 3:00pm - 11:00apm (Fri - Sun)



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think