Friday, November 5, 2021

Susan Chicken Rice 蘇山雞飯 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

I couldn't remember how much blood I lost yesterday but judging from the facial expression on my dentist, it had to be pretty significant. Luckily, she didn't send me to the hospital so I gotta rest at home last night. I struggled with the idea of going to work this morning but with my condition, I thought better and decided to take a day off. Now, I needed to wrestle with another idea, where to go for lunch on my day-off. 

I came across Susan Chicken Rice (蘇山雞飯) in Cheung Sha Wan while I was reading about the best butter kaya toast in Hong Kong.

Susan Chicken Rice (蘇山雞飯) Cheung Sha Wan

Susan Chicken Rice is better known for its chicken rice but its kaya toast was rated as the most "buttery" one around. That's already worth a visit.



The Hainanese chicken set came in with a reasonably good portion. There were of course the three different sauces, sweet soy, chili paste and garlic. I traded the fragrant rice with plain rice cuz I wanted to cut down on my consumption of oily stuff. 

Susan Chicken Rice (蘇山雞飯) Cheung Sha Wan

The deboned chicken was pretty tasty albeit not really meaty enough (for my standard).

Susan Chicken Rice (蘇山雞飯) Cheung Sha Wan

The winter melon soup came with all sorts of goodies including some chicken's liver. I haven't had these for years.


This was what I came all the way here for, the most buttery kaya toast in town. But I have to admit, I was a little disappointed. I was expecting a ton of kaya jam between the crispy toasts but all I found were two really thick slabs of butter. My cardiologist won't be happy with that!

Susan Chicken Rice (蘇山雞飯) Cheung Sha Wan the most buttery kaya toast in Hong Kong






Food Rating: 4.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: G/F, Yee Wa Building, 411 Un Chau Street, Cheung Sha Wan, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Cheung Sha Wan
Tel: +852 5648-8622
Opening Hours: 11:00am - 10:00pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think