Saturday, November 13, 2021

Pici Pasta Bar Lai Chi Kok (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

I have to admit, I was getting a little carried away tonight cuz it's my first movie in a long long time. I always got a little hyped up going to a Bond movie.


Jelloman had to pick little nugget up before joining me for the movie so I'm having dinner by myself tonight. Since our movie was at D2 Place in Lai Chi Kok, I had a pretty easy choice of going to Pici Pasta Bar as there was nothing else there.


I'm going to take it easy and simply order from the tasting menu tonight.

Tuna Tartare - The texture wasn't perfect but the sweet soy with a slightly spicy kick made it a little more interesting. For some reason, I tasted ginger in there as well adding more extra heat to the dish. And there were the pickled purple onion and avocado for some contrasting texture. Not bad.


Orecchiette N'duja - This came highly recommended by my server and it was indeed very nicely cooked (in fact, it was so al dente to a point that it was a bit hard). The homemade orecchiette worked really well with the pork sausage from Spain and the spicy tomato sauce tied everything together nicely. Like my server said, the dish would be "soul-less" without the heat and she's right. It's spot on.


Tiramisu - I haven't had Pici's signature tiramisu for a while. Always felt a little guilty having this on my own due to the generous portion but it's one of my favorite "lift me up" in town so I think I can let my guards down just for one night (only).


This was very very foamy, exactly the way I like it!


My apologies for the poor quality of some of these photos. I had a rough time trying to take the perfect photos under the rather poor lighting conditions.






Food Rating: 6/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop G03, G/F, D2 Place TWO, 15 Cheung Shun Street, Lai Chi Kok, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Lai Chi Kok
Tel: +852 2557-7227
Website: www.pici.hk
Opening Hours: 12:00pm - 3:00pm, 5:00pm - 10:00pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think