Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Rhine Garden Restaurant 嘉韻軒 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

After 13 years working under my current boss, today marked my final time reporting to him. For the longest time, I tried not to think about his imminent retirement and put it out of my mind. It worked for a while but I knew the day would eventually come. And it did.

Despite working together for more than a decade, my boss and I still have our different views on things. But I always believe it's okay to have different opinion on things as long as we can respect each other's views. One of the things I admire most about him is his heart. He always stays true about what he believes in and even after 33 years at his job, he still has the fire and passion to do what he believes is right. I'm going to miss him.

It's a bit ironic but I drive a lot of changes at work but then I don't believe in change of guards. I thought I knew "The Only Constant in Life Is Change." by heart but it's easy to say I knew it right from the start than actually accepting it as a fact. 



We threw a big party for him and a couple other retiring colleagues last week. Today, it was a more quiet farewell party, a simple lunch at Rhine Garden Restaurant (嘉韻軒) in Sham Tseng (深井). Of course, we couldn't have it without a roasted goose. 



This is truly goodbye now. Time for a brand new era. Somehow I wasn't really looking forward to it. But yeah, change is the only constant in life. The cliche rings in my ears (and head) again.





Price: $$$
Address: G/F, Rhine Garden, 38 Castle Peak Road - Sham Tseng, Sham Tseng, NT, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: N/A
Tel: +852 2496-2233
Opening Hours: 7:30am - 10:00pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think