Sunday, August 1, 2021

Zagin Soba 座銀 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

I promised little nugget to bring him to my favorite sea bream broth ramen place, Maru De Sankaku (鯛白湯らーめん○de) a few months ago and I intended to honor my offer but our weekend schedule has been so packed that I could hardly fit that in. But with our hiking trip in Pok Fuk Lam coming up this Sunday, I thought the time has finally come.
 
After arriving in Sheung Wan late, we scrambled to the entrance of Maru De Sankaku and not surprisingly, there was already a modest lineup in front. As much as I would like to stay and wait, we were pressed with time so reluctantly, I brought the gang to Maru De Sankaku’s sister restaurant, Zagin Soba (座銀) which was just around the corner.

Zagin Soba (座銀) best white chicken broth ramen in Central Hong Kong

Zagin Soba’s signature chicken broth tsukemen would be a great way to go for our two first-timers but having dipping noodles is probably not a very good idea for someone running a little late.

Zagin Soba (座銀) best white chicken broth ramen in Central Hong Kong
 
Chicken broth ramen – Little nugget was head over heels in love with this one. Just when he was enjoying every slurp of his noodles, he suddenly had an idea. He began asking if it was okay for him to praise the chefs behind the counter table for the great work they were doing. As soon as Jelloman and I nodded, he wasted no time having a few words for our talented chefs, “The noodles you cooked were so delicious!”
 
He was right. The chicken broth topped with a layer of “cappuccino” was again very good today. The extra texture and temperature of the foam seemed to give the silky smooth and flavorful broth another dimension. The chicken fillet (the char siu was okay) and deep-fried burdock roots never disappoint as always.

Zagin Soba (座銀) best white chicken broth ramen in Central Hong Kong
 
Seafood chicken broth ramen – With both Jelloman and little guy taking the chicken broth ramen, I decided to be the one who’s more adventurous today. I thought the chicken broth infused with flavors from shrimps and dried fish was pretty decent but it wasn’t the umami-rich broth I was expecting, perhaps like the one from Ramen House Konjiki Hototogisu (金色不如帰) 
with overwhelming sweetness from clams and shellfish.


 
I’m glad I managed to check Zagin Soba off the list today. It’s not my first choice (Maru De Sankaku was) but it doesn’t really matter as long as little one loves it~ 





Food Rating: 6.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: G/F, 7 Gough Street, Central, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Central
Tel: +852 2447-1398
Opening Hours: 12:00pm - 10:30pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think