Saturday, August 14, 2021

Dough Bros. Pizza & Doughnuts Queen's Road Central (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

My physio session finished early. I got down to Central way ahead of schedule and that's very good news considering I have a couple of places to visit before meeting up with the gang for lunch this afternoon. The first to be scratched off my list was a newly opened branch of Dough Bros (Pizza & Doughnuts) on Queen's Road Central next to L Place. I have never had the pleasure of visiting any Dough Bros before but it's a concept that's been on my radar for quite some time.

Dough Bros. Pizza & Doughnuts Queen's Road Central

Of course, I was more interested in their doughnuts than pizza. Let's see what flavors they've got for me here.

Dough Bros. Pizza & Doughnuts Queen's Road Central - Doughnut flavors

Yeah, let's have the new flavors.

Dough Bros. Pizza & Doughnuts Queen's Road Central - Doughnut flavors

As soon as I swipe my card at the cashier, I was expecting my apricot doughnut in a bag but what I didn't realize was the fact that their doughnuts were all made (fried to be exact) to order here.



After about 5 minutes, I was finally handed a box with this freshly made doughnut straight from the fryer.

Dough Bros. Pizza & Doughnuts Queen's Road Central - Apricot Doughnut

This looked amazing!

Dough Bros. Pizza & Doughnuts Queen's Road Central - Apricot Doughnut

A great looking doughnut sprinkled with sugar top and bottom (could've chosen cinnamon sugar but I gladly declined. It's not like the doughnut wasn't sweet enough already).

Dough Bros. Pizza & Doughnuts Queen's Road Central - Apricot Doughnut

The freshly fried doughnut was very very spongy. That's the good part. The bad part? Where's the apricot jam? I thought it was going to ooze out from the centre with my first bite but after my second bite, this little dab of apricot jam was all I saw. 😪

Dough Bros. Pizza & Doughnuts Queen's Road Central - Apricot Doughnut

This Earl Grey donut from Cafe Knotted, Gangnam Seoul is one of my all-time favorites. Look at how the dough was all packed with tea flavored custard cream. Beautiful!

Cafe Knotted, Gangnam Seoul - my favorite Earl Grey Donut

Perhaps I should have checked out Dough Bros' custard cream doughnut instead. Let's do that next time.





Food Rating: 5/10
Price: $$$
Address: G/F, 151-155 Queen's Road Central, Central, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Central / Sheung Wan
Tel: +852 2301-1969
Opening Hours: 8:00am - 11:00pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think