Saturday, August 28, 2021

Glory Cafe Mongkok 光榮冰室 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★☆☆☆

When it comes to cha chaan teng (local tea restaurant), I'm a pretty old school guy. I don't really need a ton of variety. I'm okay going to the same place (as long as they have a good pantyhose milk tea) and the location is convenient enough with decent hyigene. 


So all these years (or months) that I've heard of Glory Cafe (光榮冰室), I have never bothered to check them out of my list. I knew they've got a branch in Mongkok pretty near my physio. And since I have another 50 something odds of cha chaan tengs I needed to visit before reaching my self-imposed target of 100 in 2021, I figured I should give them at least a try.


The first test passed in flying colors. The iced pantyhose milk tea was a little stronger than what I've preferred but it's milky enough that there's a good balance. 


Not exactly the greatest presentation. I could see the wheels were about to fall off from here.


I was given the little package of seasoning powder along with the sesame oil so I could do it on my own. Fair play as the waiting staff were all busy taking care of things left and right. I am sure the same goes for the kitchen staff too (I thought the grilled chicken chop was pretty slick.). 







Food Rating: 3/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop 12-13, G/F, Hung Wai Building, 3-5 Fa Yuen Street, Mong Kok, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Mong Kok
Tel: +852 2511-1177
Opening Hours: 7:00am - 2:00am daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think