Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Lucky Star 池記幸運星 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

This aging thing is really catching up to me the last couple of years and I am not at all happy about it (who would?). And it's not just the psychological side that's difficult to deal with; the physical side of aging is actually the one that's giving me more worrying signs of late.

After turning down my doctor's request for nearly 3 years, I finally gave in. The good thing was, I only needed to spend one night at the hospital and by noon time, I was already given the green light to check myself out. Since I haven't eaten for more than 12 hours, I thought it's time to fill the tank at one of my favorite local restaurants, Lucky Star (池記幸運星), which was just a 5-minute walk from the hospital (of cuz I was walking really fast).

Lucky Star Coffee Shop (池記幸運星) Causeway Bay Hong Kong

I was feeling a little woozy after not having anything to eat for more than 15 hours (plus the medication I took); so the moment I saw these landed on my table, I jumped all over them. Yeah, I could use all of that caffeine to get me thru the afternoon.

Lucky Star Coffee Shop (池記幸運星) Causeway Bay Hong Kong - Best Amazing Pineapple Bun

A freshly baked pineapple bun with a thick slab of butter. A must around here. Of course after spending a night at the hospital, I felt a little guilty just looking at the size of that butter; so I voluntarily took half of it off to feel better about it. Yeah baby, this was so good. 

Lucky Star Coffee Shop (池記幸運星) Causeway Bay Hong Kong - Best Amazing Pineapple Bun

I thought I ordered the breakfast "bread set" so didn't realize there was the noodle with marinated beef and fried egg that came along with it. On a typical day, it would be too much for my first meal of the day but I guess not today.






Food Rating: 5.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: G/F, 1-3 Pak Sha Road, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Causeway Bay
Tel: +852 2886-1683
Opening Hours: 7:30am - 11:00pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think