Saturday, December 7, 2019

Kura Patisserie (Singapore, SINGAPORE) ★★★★☆

After lunch, I took a long and deliberate walk around Robertson Walk before arriving in the middle of River Valley district. Despite the diligent work by my GPS, it still took me a while to locate The Herencia, a restoration project that saw the former Nan Chiau High School turned into a commercial premise.

 

I'm here solely because of Kura Patisserie, a well-hidden pastry shop and cafe situated in the former canteen.

 

I have heard a lot about Kura's decadently delicious pastries and wallet-friendly prices but seeing is believing.



They are currently sharing this premise with another tenant, In Bad Company who is offering a wide range of comfort food including salad, sandwich and pasta dishes to go with their coffee, craft beers and wines.



The Japanese inspired patisserie was almost full when I stepped through the doors but the crowd thinned out considerably after 4pm.

 

I was supposed to be here to take a few photos but I was like a kid seeing his favorite candies from the display counter.



Still full from my lunch at Corner House but I think I can squeeze in one of these, perhaps two.



Some of these pastries are already dressed in their Christmas outfits (Santa's hat was looking good there!).



White Forest (SGD$8.80) - William pear chutney with creamy pear mascarpone filling.



This was very delicate. Underneath the white chocolate ganache was a layer of creamy pear mascarpone which was light and airy. In fact, it was so light that I once thought it was white chocolate mousse.



The sweetness of the fresh William pear compote meshed so well with the creaminess of the mascarpone and there was the crispy sable on the bottom to provide some much-needed crunch. Thank goodness I was able to find this secret place.



Some of the prices have almost doubled since its soft opening but they're still rather reasonable, especially considering the high quality of these cakes.



Food Rating: 6.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: 46 Kim Yam Road, #01-07 The Herencia, Singapore
Closest Metro Station: Fort Canning
Tel: +65 9722-2996
Website: www.kura.sg
Opening Hours: 9:00am - 5:30pm (Mon), 9:00am - 6:30pm (Tue - Fri), 10:30am - 5:30pm (Sat - Sun)




Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think