Friday, December 20, 2019

Mon Kee Cafe 旺記冰室 Tsim Sha Tsui (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

Today's meeting with my hair stylist finished a little earlier than I expected so I was already a free man a little before 6pm. Instead of beating the rush hour and head home to babysit, I decided to go visit Mon Kee Cafe (旺記冰室), one of my favorite local tea restaurants in Tsim Sha Tsui. I remembered not long ago, it was almost impossible to get a table here thanks to its popularity among our mainland visitors but like many restaurants around the city, its hype has cooled off considerably.



Of course, I'm starting things off with their silky smooth pantyhose milk tea. Anything else will be uncivilized.



I have been waiting for a chance to get myself re-acquainted with this amazing toast that came with all sorts of goodness including peanut butter, luncheon meat, scramble eggs and lettuce. I think there's a version of it where they substituted peanut butter with kaya too but I couldn't find it anywhere on the menu.



This was pretty good as always except the fact the execution was slightly off the mark. For starters, the scramble eggs wasn't nearly dry enough (lettuce?) making the crispy toast a little soggy. Yeah, you don't want me mess up the crispy toast. 



It doesn't take a genius (or doctor) to figure out this is not the healthiest sandwich in town but I guess having it once in a while doesn't hurt.Now I have to go home and pretend that I never had any afternoon tea after my haircut.
 


Food Rating: 5/10
Price: $$
Address: G/F, Kowloon Centre, 29-39 Ashley Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Tsim Sha Tsui
Tel: +852 2617-2616
Opening Hours: 7:00am - 10:00pm daily


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think