Monday, December 30, 2019

Doughnut Plant Shirokanedai (Tokyo, JAPAN) ★★★★☆

I decided to venture over to Shirokanedai this afternoon to get a couple of things done including a visit to Doughnut Plant, one of my favorite doughnut shops in Tokyo (they actually originated from the Big Apple). The recent news I read on Doughnut Plant weren't good as they are now down to the last two locations in Tokyo after both of their most popular branches permanently closed down in Shinjuku.



It's a pretty bad day for me at the office. A number of stores I wanted to visit in Shirokanedai weren't open (Post Christmas - Pre New Year Holiday I assume) but at least Doughnut Plant was there to welcome me with open arms.



The colorful doughnuts from Doughnut Plant tend to go fast so not surprisingly, not many of these were left at 4pm.



The folks in the kitchen are obviously not working fast enough to replenish the stock!



Carrot Cake Doughnut (450 yen) - With about 10 doughnuts left when I finally reached the front of the line, I wasted no time getting my carrot cake doughnut which was a limited-time-only creation around Christmas and New Year.



Doughnut Plant's doughnuts generally fall under two categories, bakery doughnut and cake doughnut. Bakery doughnut is your traditional yeast-based fried dough mostly infused with all sorts of funky filling. Cake doughnuts are smaller in size, a bit denser and more moist.

This one is of course a cake doughnut.



This flavor-packed doughnut draws inspiration from a carrot cake. It's got all the right mix of flavors (even the frosting) and actually felt like having a traditional carrot cake which was soft and pillowy. Very nice.






Food Rating: 6/10
Price: ¥¥¥
Address: 5-18-8 Shirokanedai, Minato-ku, Tokyo 108-0071, Japan
Closest Metro Station: Shirokanedai
Tel: +81 3-6277-2249
Website: www.doughnutplant.jp
Opening Hours: 8:00am - 6:00pm daily


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think