Thursday, December 5, 2019

Swissotel The Stamford (Singapore, SINGAPORE)

Finally, I got to do my annual getaway trip this month. My plan has been pushed back a number of times due to different reasons so at one point, I thought I could never make it happen in 2019. But one single email changed everything. It was an email from Odette's reception team confirming that I was given a table for next week. That was all the motivation I ever needed. I did have to scramble for my flight ticket and hotel booking but it's all worth it.


I have done enough research on Singapore's hotel scene the last few months and managed to get down to a short list of three. Swissotel The Stamford was an interesting choice to consider due to its impeccable location but the building itself is older than my grandmother (if she's still alive). I know it's been renovated recently but I just wasn't sure what to expect.

Directly connected to Raffles City, Swissotel The Stamford is a hotel that I've visited a couple of times before thanks to Michelin starred Jaan on one of the top floors. It's a huge hotel but talking to the hotel staff during my check-in, I realized that it actually has over 1,000 rooms. That's not just huge, it's humongous.


Despite having over 1,000 rooms spread over two towers, there were only 2 available tonight. I decided to pick this one on the 36th floor. It's on a lower floor but much further away from the six elevators and it came with a much better city view (why stay away from the elevators, you say? For those of you who are noise sensitive like me, I strongly suggest you start reading traveler reviews on Tripadvisor. There's something about the elevators!).


To my pleasant surprise, the room is really spacious and I like the way they organize the furniture.


Of course, I had to check out the city view. I wonder if it's as good as advertised.


I can see the entire South Beach site from here, including JW Marriott South Beach where we stayed last year.


And there's more to the view. Check this out, Garden by the Bay and Marina Bay! I bet the sunset view here would be rather stunning.


I shifted my attention to the bathroom next, where I would be spending a lot of time in.


Again more than enough space and lights around. I hate those small closet-sized bathrooms in Europe and you almost need to bring a torch in there sometimes.


I'm personally not a fan of quirky modern Chinese decor. I will just leave it at that.


The shower room, again comes with a great deal of space. It offers a lot of racks to hang your towels and clothes.


Speaking of quirky decor and furniture, the night stand falls under that category.


One thing I really love about the room was the amount of power sockets available. They could be found everywhere left and right. I thought I did a count when I first arrived and there were at least 10 power sockets. Don't think I will bring 10 electrical appliances with me on any trip.


Early next morning, I woke up before 7am having been awakened by the "zooming" sound of the elevator a few times. I decided to drag myself out of bed and check out the view from my balcony. Look what I found! Absolutely stunning...


I spent three amazing nights here. The night view of the bay area was something I'd never forget. 


I don't think I can find a better location to spend my stay in Singapore. Andaz Singapore has a lot to offer too but the location was no match. Here at Swissotel The Stamford, I can literally go down to Raffles City with my pajamas to get my grocery and stuff. I'm already planning my next stay in summer 2020.



Rating: ❤❤❤❤
Price: $$$
Address: 2 Stamford Road, Singapore
Closest Metro Station: City Hall / Esplanade
Tel: +65 6338-8585



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think